Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2021

Evergreens from the Evergreen State

In Everett there is a small arboretum on the cliff near the shore. It is a bit of an afterthought since it is bordered on one side by backyards and on the other by a golf course. None of that silly wandering-in-a-serene-place,-isolated-from-the-rest-of-the-world-while-you-enjoy-nature stuff here. Just be sure that you aren't in the line of sight of the golfer and try not to stare too much at the neighbors back yard.

Nevertheless, it is a well curated collection of plants and art. While most of the art is not to my taste, it is not crazy or bad, just not my cup of tea.

Going in the winter (or nearly the winter) is not the time of year to feast your eyes in a place designed for flowers and lush foliage. So I focused on the things that green even now...the evergreens.

In my mind, I imagines that I'd post these images and tell you fun facts about each one including the scientific names and things about where they grow. But no! I have no idea what these are, so you get to feast your eyes in peace and simply enjoy.

I was fascinated that now all these are simply green. There is white, yellow, and brown along with the dark greens and light greens. It makes the trees interesting to see next to one another.

It wasn't a large section of these conifers but it was a fun place to stand to see the vareity.

This was about all I could muster the gumption for; it was cold and damp. At least it wasn't raining. Maybe next time I can get cold, damp, and rain and hit the trifecta!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.