Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Time to Eat

November is being really wet and rainy and my photo excursion time is limited. After the brief afternoon of sunshine that allowed me to see the mountains and the Osprey Park the other day, it's been lots of rain. So I'm improvising and pointing my camera at things indoors. And this time of year, that means food.

Above is the toffee that E made. Ostensibly, this is to garnish the pumpkin mousse to be served with our Thanksgiving meal. Lots of pecans and chocolate.

Naturally, there is an apple pie. What would the holidays be without one. I'm told that a cake is on the way.

I also get some shortbread. Love this stuff. I have a piece with breakfast most mornings.

And what would a fine meal be with some challah. About the only thing I can think of that challah would not be good for is retreading your tires. Good stuff.

I hope your journey to an over-full tummy is on track as well. Remember your job for the rest of this week is to cook to many, over eat, and enjoy good company. Just be sure that all the company is in your pod/household.

You stay safe and I'll be thankful for that. And we'll stay safe and you can be thankful for that. How's that for a great 2020 deal?


 

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you all the very happiest of Thanksgivings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to y'all! It was just the two of us this year. Thankful to be healthy, and looking forward to seeing people more in the coming year!

    ReplyDelete

We enjoy hearing from our readers.