Pages

Saturday, December 18, 2021

Blackmans Lake


A mile or a little more north of our is a small lake, Blackmans Lake, that I have visited before. There are duck that seem to inhabit the place rear 'round and I found then there on my visit.

There is nothing special about this collection of ducks, but it is nice to see animals out doing what animals do. As I approached the shore, the ducks, largely on land at the moment, slowly waddled back to the water the closer I got. By the time I was at the shoreline, they were all safely back floating in the water. And ignoring me.


There is a small jetty here for folks with a boat to moor alongside in season. So I walked out and found that looking back toward shore was also looking more nearly in the direction of the sun. This made for some interesting reflections in the water. I was fascinated by the way the reflection at the crests of the waves was completely dark and made curious sorts of contour lines as if on a map.


The combination of these curious contours and the reflections of the bare tree limbs from the nearby shore creates a detailed surface pattern that more resembles an ordinance map than water.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.