Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Buena Vista Cemetery Again

Yesterday's entry contained a sad story of a child who lived on a few hours. Today we start with one that is even worse.

But there are others with a life that seems little lighter. But we know that a life that ends at 44 is a hard one.

On a stump in the cemetery, I found evidence that someone sat and had a snack. Perhaps a visitor who came to be near a family member for a while.

I.P. Hitchcock must have done well in the gold fields to be able to afford such a gravestone.

I don't know if it was disease, disagreement, or accident that killed this young man. I do know that a marker with a weeping willow at the top tells us that he was loved by someone.

Here is a different sort of selfie.

 
Finally, I don't know why there are four angels/cherubs on this stone. But they make a nice addition to the fake flowers on either side.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.