Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Outside Enjoying the Sunshine

In a surprising period of sunshine in Snohomish, I'm out and seeing what I can see that you, dear reader, might find at least a little fun to look at. This iris is showing off quite nicely in the bright sun.

This bush, filled with clusters of bright yellow blossoms, is putting the best foot forward for the spring show.


Filtering the sunlight through the petals of this poppy given them a glow that feels as warm as the sun on my back.


Even the weeds are decked out in the best they can produce. The indumentum on this plant gives it an odd look from this vantage. The trichomes remind me of the way my hair looks when I get up in the mornings. Maybe this plant just got up.


From this angle, it really looks like me, a hoary old man. Kinda makes you feel like part of nature to see yourself reflected in in the world.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.