Pages

Friday, March 11, 2022

Cascade Mountains

While we've been getting more frequent breaks in the clouds cover allowing us a bit of sunlight, it is not often that the clouds clear away from the Cascade Mountains and give a clear view of the snowy peaks.

Looking toward Stevens Pass, we see the craggy peaks that form one of the more interesting sections of the Cascades. Both of these first two images were taken from my usual location in the Irving Lawson Access Area on the berm along the Snohomish River. This is one of the very few locations I can get to where there is a good view of the mountains.

But today I was persistent, and went looking for another place to maybe get a panorama or two. I found a spot at a lower elevation just outside of Snohomish on the back road to Monroe where I could get a pretty clear view of a wide section of the mountains. This give you the previous two images in context so you can tell a bit better what you are looking at.

With a longer lens, I was able to get a closer look at a section of the mountains. The snow really makes this a beautiful place. I have a notion for getting a different view of the Cascades but it involves being more daring and standing at the side of I-5. I haven't decided if I want to try that or not.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.