Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

The VIew from Our Bit of Beach

 

See, I've pulled a Scotty maneuver (think Star Trek) where I told you I'd miss a few days but then I managed to get back and process images fast enough to not have a break at all. As Scotty says, "Never tell the captain how long it will really take. Tell him longer so you look good when you finish early!".

Low tide comes in the afternoon at the moment and I has able to get out on the beach and grab a few shots as the evening light slowly faded. In the image above, we are looking more or less over Discovery Park to see the tops of the few tallest buildings in Seattle. It just so happens that there is a little sun leaking through the clouds at this moment.

While below, we see a couple of the more interesting rocks on the beach where I'm standing. Their decorations of flora and fauna make more sense when you remember that they are underwater much of the time.

In a roughly southwesterly direction is the Agate Passage Bridge that joins the Kitsap Peninsula to Bainbridge Island (on the left). Between me and the bridge is a mooring for what seems to be a small tug boat (or possibly a fishing boat).

On the shore near me is a sea gull stopping to preen in the mud flats.

West of our rental house if the central part of Indianola...consisting of a general store, a post office, and this pier. In this direction, we are looking at the Golden Gardens Park/Ballard area of north Seattle in the distance.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.