Pages

Monday, October 12, 2020

Scenes Nearby

While there have been many changes in the character of Snohomish over the years, there are still places where it is clear that this is a town that has been here largely undisturbed for a while. The street above is one of those places.

As you have seen from the gates and doors that I occasionally shoot, folks here like to have entrances to the lawn even if it really doesn't make sense. In this case we get a metal gate to the back garden with sheep and a wind vane suitably adorned with a goose.

And these people have just gone crazy decorating for Halloween. There are skeletons everywhere. Gravestones with epitaphs such as "Did not put the toilet seat down" or "Ran with Scissors" are scattered about the yard.

The business section of this vine has been exposed and in monochrome it give the plant a Hitchcock-ian feel of foreboding.

There is a welding company that I run past every morning that I mostly don't see much of in the dark. But in the sunshine (or what passes for it in the PNW), I discovered that there are grotesques on poles outside. Never noticed these before.

As I returned home walking along 1st street, I spied this device in a store window and thought it would make a fun image. I may go back and buy it. I could get the good out of a "third hand" once in a while.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.