Pages

Saturday, January 08, 2022

Always a Few Things to See

This clump of grass with its strong light yellows makes a find complement with the dark blue sky behind it. The reason we find that blue and yellow complement one another is, no doubt, because nature agrees.

Look at this street and think about this: the snow on this road has mostly been here for nearly a week at this point. The temperature has not reached freezing at any point and there is no street plowing. It kinda feels like we live where it is seriously winter or something.

No one has been in or out of this front door in a week. Think about that. Perhaps you live in a house where the front door is seldom used. We don't. All our doors are used frequently every day. These folks at the very least have no visitors.

An open space I have visited several times in previous years has a stream crossing it. Today, I closed the aperture and slowed the shutter speed so I could take a series of images to stack together. I've done this sort of thing before to get the equivalent of a long exposure. I'm realizing that this has the advantage of allowing me to adjust the shutter speed on the computer by choosing how many images to include. Also I get to select the method of combining the images (average, median, maximum, minimum, etc.) and I get a lot more flexibility in how the image looks. Today, I was able to get lots of detail in the turbulent water at the bottom of the small waterfall. I find that it has a painterly effect that I like.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.