Pages

Friday, January 28, 2022

Down By the Stream

With a little sunshine on my shoulder, I headed out for a look about. Of course, there's the usual bare tree branches with colorful and detailed epiphytes to see. Can never get too many of these.

But at the local stream and few block away, I am always fascinated by the moving water. Once again I took about 10 images with as slow a shutter speed as I could get (in this case about ⅔ sec). Averaging these together give a fun way to see a flowing stream. Since each image catches a slightly blurred version of the water with the streaks of the water intact, stacking them up preserves this (unless there is many more images in the stack). What you get is not the usual blur of water, but a scene that more resembles hair combed in interesting directions. There is something comforting about this to me. A soft and comfortable feeling.

Even in color, it looks as if it is combed. Combining this with the relatively still water just before the turbulence starts, give a unique feeling to the watery scene.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.