Pages

Saturday, August 01, 2020

Continuing the Different Walk Path


I find that I am drawn to photograph these scenes where one plant infringes on the territory of another of a totally different type. This variegated leaf nestled among the more fern-like neighbors fronds makes, to me, anice composition. It is all the more appealing to be able to get the small details of the large leaves in sharp focus. This is one of the many images from yesterday's and today's posts that were shot at f/32. A very small aperture indeed, but one that the GFX-50R pulls off very well.



At such a small aperture, there is some diffraction softening of the image, but with the software, I can get a little of that back and produce an image that works well for the screen. If I were to print these, I might be less happy with the sharpness, but for now this is good.

One of the folks down the street is growing artichoke in the verge and I thought this immature head would make a good monochrome image. I really like the textures of the leaves of this biological "russian doll".


The bright, contrasting colors of this flower makes a good subject.


This is perhaps my favorite of all the images on this outing. It really puts me in the mind of a beautiful dress that has been worn all day. While it is still nice looking, it has gotten wrinkled and slightly soiled from the day's activities. Rather than choose a more isolated, more pristine blossom to photograph, I selected this one, all crowded among the others to suggest a bustling place and a person that is rather more pressed for space that is really comfortable. I think this works with the slightly unkempt looks of the central blossom. Suggests to me the look a young woman hurrying home on the afternoon train after a hard day at the office...much as she looked at 8:00 AM, just a bit crushed in the crowd and frazzled by the experience of the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.