Pages

Sunday, August 02, 2020

So, We Went to the Beach


We gathered our gumption and headed out to shore for a bit of sunshine. As you might surmise from the image above, sunshine here is not like yours. Yes, it is warm when the sun is shining on your back. At least it is on my black when I'm wearing my winter sweater. While Seth is all decked out for a real summer, Seamus is only about half way there with his long pants on.

Standing out by the tidal pools at Rosario Beach, Seamus is finding tiny crabs and fish to explore. It was a lot busier than the last time E and I came here on our own.



This park has a spit of forested land that juts out between two sections of shoreline. On one side are the tidal pools and on the other is a jetty, where I'm standing, and this smaller section of beach. As you can see, Seth, Charlotte, and Anna are all in their summer dress as if it were warm or something.


I know I carry on about this alot, but today the furnace is still turning on to keep the house warm. We still sleep under a duvet and a blanket. E just ordered some winter pyjamas to sleep in because she is tired to being cold.

Yet, the forests are filled with mosquitos. There are some songbirds to be heard and the deciduous trees are green. Really mixed messages here. On those days where I get really tired of my hands and feet being cold, I think about the rest of the country (and the eastern part of this state) sweltering in 90+ degree heat and high humidity. I reckon I'm glad to be here where I can complain about the cold and not where it is perpetual sauna.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.