Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

A Ride Around Snohomish


Since I have regaled you with images taken with the 35mm f/2 lens for the X-H1, I thought I switch to the 100-400mm telephoto to see how this changes what and how we see.

Just outside the city limits, we find a farm with a few horses. This one is settled in for a rest.



While his/her colleagues are enjoying a snack. Perhaps the first fellow is now getting drowsy from having a full tummy. Maybe it is just the feeling of satisfaction from getting to the trough first.


But maybe, it is just feeling like a horses ass.

This is actually someone's front lawn. Go figure.


This is also a front lawn. It is filled with a strange collection of stuff. These metal chickens are certainly the most colorful of the lot.


In the same yard, we find this riding mower. This kinds of reminds me of my dad. He was the sort who would park the mower somewhere and leave it for an indefinite period... like a season or a decade. He owned several mowers that looked like this one. He, however, did not have the farm implements, the flag pole or the deer standing in the yard. You see, I came from a deprived household as a child. No doubt this is why I turned out the way I did. If only we'd have had a deer in front of the house my childhood would have been complete. Who knows how successful I might have been had that been the case?!


My favorite of the ride is this old truck parked under the shelter of an equally old barn. This was located across a field from the roadside where I stopped to take the photo.

Fun things to be seen without getting close. No doubt, more of such images will follow in the near future.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.