Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2020

A Walk Downtown


On this walk along 1st street, as well as on our most recent trip to the grocery, I find that things are perking up. No more stores are open, but there's a lot more people out on the roads. And after so long with nearly no one out and about, it really feels like a lot.

But with all the stores in town, most of which are antique and/or decorating stores, still closed, there is nothing in the windows changing. As a result, I'm hard pressed to find new things to photograph.



This next images is interesting as a sort of self portrait. There are multiple images of me reflected in the blub envelopes.


Like all the other restaurants here, this one is only open for take-away.


I'm also limited by using the 35 mm lens for these store-window shots. To get ride of the window reflections, you really need to be up against the glass. But with the narrower field of view that I usually have with the 10-24 mm lens, it is impossible to photograph the big stuff near the window and hard to got the smaller bits. However, this model airplane came out about right.


One antique/junk store has an old wringer-type washing machine out front on the sidewalk.


And, of course, I just love me some textured wood.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.