Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2020

A Study at 35mm


So, to change things up a little, I'm trying one of those photographer things to try to improve my images. All the blogs say that one should limit yourself in some way to challenge yourself to find a way to make image work without the freedom you are used to. For today's and tomorrow's posts, I'm shooting only with a lens that I rarely use: a 35mm f/2 lens. This was the first lens I bought when I got the Fuji X-H1. I got this partly because it was inexpensive and partly because it just seemed like I should a lens with the angle of view of this standard focal length (equiv. to 50 mm on a full frame camera).



I started with a tulip in the front yard. With the shorter focal length and the large, I was able to get a depth of field that got most of the flower in focu while still giving a bit of blur to background.


Our neighbors have a nice red tulip in a bed of green purple. I thought this make a nice color contrast.


This section of the verge here has trees and bushes at three different angles. Adding the tulips at the bottom of the foremost tree, makes a nice composition. It almost seems that the more distance plants are leaning to look around the one the front.


This corner underneath the tree shows the aftermath of spring...lots of flower petals on the ground fading to brown.


These folks have some very large trees in their portion of their verge.


Tomorrow, we'll focus on a single topic ... stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.