Pages

Wednesday, April 01, 2020

A Flower Walk in the Neighborhood


We managed, by some mistake I'm sure, to get a little sun, so I headed out for a short walk about the neighborhood to see what springtime happiness I could find. At the corner, I found a camellia just a little past peak bloom.



I also found a bush with this little fellow very slowly wandering about on the foliage.


This tree in someone's front yard (on Avenue B, I believe), had a curious fungus growing the fork of the tree. The red of the tree with the green moss and forebodingly dark fungus make a nice combination, I think.


Several of neighbors have tulip trees. One was well past the pretty bloom stage but this one I caught early in the process. This one is mostly covered with this small buds. As you see below, there are a few that are further along toward open blooms.


This is a nice bloom-in-training. I especially like the saturation of the color and the texture in the leaves. You can still see the protective shell from which the flower erupted at the bottom with its furry cover intact.


One of the happiest things about springtime is daffodils. Remember when, at age 6 or 8, you'd go out in the spring and pick a few for mommy? Dwell on that for a moment. Have a happy thought that we can share.


Another camellia tree had these nearly perfect flowers just begging to be photographed. Naturally, I obliged.


Perhaps these small bits of the outdoors can help lift all our spirits today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.