Pages

Tuesday, April 07, 2020

Snoqualmie has Trains


For our drive through the country, we headed to Snoqualmie. For those of you who know that this is where Twin Peaks was filmed, I will not be showing any of that. Social distancing, remember. too many folks were parking there to look at the falls.



Rather, we drove into town and I had a short walk along the railyard where come old train engines and cars are parked forming a museum of regional train history.


Carrying on with my Saturday morning walk philosophy of using my new longer lens, I focused on smaller bits of the trains. Or, as in the image above, I looked for current passengers.

The tall chain-link fence between me and the trains made it difficult to get photos with the fence in the shot, but this image of a coupling turned out nicely.


I think the colors and textures in this next image work well together.


This old engine has clearly seen better days. It seems she is now mostly working as a planter for moss.


The complicated gears and levers make a curious composition.


Inside the cab still looks a bit like the engineer just walk away (a long time ago).


The cab of the engine is looking pretty sad.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.