Pages

Thursday, April 02, 2020

Tulips


As may be a surprise to some of you (who weren't paying full attention in spring of '18), we live in tulip country. Just north of us in the Skagit valley are vast acres of tulip farms. Typically, each April there is a tulip festival with all the farms open and filled with visitors buying tulips and gawking at the seemingly endless fields of flowers. See 2018 tulips here.

I'm guessing that this is all on hold this year so I've done the next best thing. Here are a couple of the tulips that E planted in our front yard.




We had the pleasure of being dragged out to the front yard by Seamus as he excitedly told us they were blooming.


This is also my first chance to try out the new extension tube and zoom lens I purchased for my medium format camera. These are not cropped images to get the flowers large but are shot at nearly 1:1. I'm happy with the result ... are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.