Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2020

Flowers Mostly in Our Front Yard


I keep bringing you photos of the St. John's Wort out front because I really like the colors.



Also in front of the house is a penstemon bush with these delightful flowers of red and white. the amount of red and white varies from blossom to blossom and give the bush a curious variegated appearance.


Our next door neighbor's yard has a different variety of St. John's Wort with larger flowers, as you have seen before. I just can't stop taking photos of these guys.


I really love the way the stamen stand up (when not beaten down by rain) and bring to mind something like a miniature forest.


I find the design fascinating.


On down the street a ways, we find these delightful orange flower (I don't know what it is). It has so many textures and details. I tried this one in monochrome as well, but I think I like the color version better in this case.


Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.