Pages

Friday, February 19, 2021

Cottage Grove After Dark

Well, technically, it is before sunrise, I suppose. I went for my morning run and saw a few things that I thought might make interesting photos. So, when I got home, I grabbed a camera and hopped in the car to go back and see what I could see.

Above is the service station that really grabbed my eye. Except for the trim on the truck outside, the car wheel inside, and the walk/don't walk sign, it could really be from about 60 years ago. And it probably is.

There are several things in the photo below that let you know where you are. The sign says 5 hamburgers to go. I hope that is five different versions to choose from. Notice that there is what appears to be a working pay phone on the side of the building. The sign promises Umpqua dairy products. All this to tell you that you are in a small town in the northwest somewhere.

A more modern place with pretty recent vehicles outfront is next. I like the way the darkness eliminates all the background clutter so you can focus on the subject. See, there are advantages to getting up early to go from a run...you can find new ways to see things.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.