Pages

Saturday, February 06, 2021

Warm and Cold

 In the afternoon of a sunny but cold day, I found this bush on the north side of a house where it had had no sun all day. Even in the early afternoon, it is still coated with dew.

And its neighbor, a ground hugging plant of some sort, is still sporting a nice coating of ice from overnight. In fact, this morning when I returned from my daily run while it was dark and 27 F, I was sporting a coating of ice on my beard. So I know how this plant feels.

But in the sunshine mosses and lichens abound on this tree.

The tree with its paper thin bark curling, is basking in the relatively warm sun. 

And this tree (bush?) is already putting out its fine coat of little hairs in anticipation of greater things to come.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.