Pages

Wednesday, May 06, 2020

Local Flowers Again


I don't know about life where you live, but we are still in isolation until the end of May (at least). While some businesses are starting back and a selected state parks are opening soon, for the most part life continues the same.



The big change here is that the children are back in daycare. Our daily routine is certainly different! There's a pretty good wine/liquor store in Lynnwood (Total Wine) and has curbside pickup. I can order scotch online and when it is ready, I can drive up outfront and get it. I show my ID and open the back (we have a button for that now!), the bottles are put in the back, I close the back, and away we go. No touchy, no breathe-y. Almost as good as an Australian drive through liquor store.


Today's photos were a struggle. There's a bit of a breeze and trying to get some of these flowers while they are sitting still is a challenge. I'm noticing that the bulk of the challenge is on my knees as I squat and wait for the wind to pause. As Seamus says, its an "owie".


This one was especially hard in the owie category. A floppy flower dangling from a long floppy stem...the deadly combination. But I think the wait was worth the effort. I may not agree in the morning. We'll see.


This is flower of a kind I've photographed many times lately, but I found the combination of colors irresistible.


Although this flower is a bright yellow, I find this rendition more pleasing. Not quite so "in your face" with all that color. Perhaps this is more like what a bee sees in their pollinating rounds. I hope you like it as much as me and bees do.

Stay safe and healthy. The world needs you in it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.