Pages

Friday, May 22, 2020

Pulling Victory from the Jaws of Defeat


I mentioned last week that I was working a way to bring a little something new to the images in the blog. Well, that has pretty much flopped. I ordered a couple infrared filters to try out and after much waiting for the delivery, trimming and assembling the filters in the frame and taking a few test images... a mess. The images are just crappy. Hence you don't see them here. Either I'm doing something pretty wrong or these Fuji cameras are just not suited to this sort of photography.

Moving on.

So while I waited out in front of the house for the 4 minute (4 minutes!) exposures to end and then another 4 minutes for the sensor to make a dark slide to subtract out the sensor noise, I took some water-on-the-leaves kinds of images. I hope these are to your liking.



As we move into summer-ish weather here (mornings about 50, afternoons about 70), the plants are showing more leaves and colors.


Even without the color, some are just downright elegant.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.