Pages

Saturday, May 23, 2020

A Few More Leaves With Water on Them


Of all the images I took during the failed IR attempt, the one above is my favorite. I really like the detail in the central leaf and the water drops really add to the clarity.

I think this fits the season...graduation. I'm quite sure that every graduate at every level from elementary to graduate school feels like the central leaf above looks: the focus of the world and special. And they are. All the families and all the schools in the world are focused on their respective graduates.



Again, the leaves on this plant (whatever it is, E knows this stuff, not me), I find captivating. The radial pattern just really works. Even if big chunks of the closer one have already been eaten(!).

Perhaps this is how we know that we are fully grown...when someone starts taking bites out of you. If you can retain your elegance through such an ordeal, you're going to make it. This is why the face of an older person is so expressive. It carries the scars of a lifetime of trials, both the successes and failures, and provides a map to how a life was lived. This young life is already showing scars.


While I could have focused this one better, it isn't bad and the colors are nice. So, even those of us who have poor focus still provide color to the lives of those around us along with a bit of sparkle.


See, there are good points about living in a temperate rainforest. And there are good things to be said for failures. Just because the planned result for my photos failed, I still got some things work a quick look. For out of the sh*t of a good failure comes the compost that fertilizes the next success.

I reckon that's life, right? Carpe diem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.