Pages

Monday, May 11, 2020

And Now...for Something a Little Different


Not even a half a block from our front gate is a view of Mt. Rainier. You've seen this view before, but I thought I'd try again on this pretty clear day. I, of course, chose to do this in mid-day and the light was terrible. Yet, with a graduated neutral density filter and some patience on the computer, I got an image in which I can at least see the mountain. So I agree with the twitter account Is The Mountain Out? and we can indeed see the 70 or so miles to Mt. Rainier.

You know it is a tall mountain when there is still abundant snow on it in mid-May. the much closer sections of the Cascades are nearly all clear of snow. Of course, they are only 5000-6000 ft, not the 14,000 feet or so of Mt. Rainier.



A good bit closer to home are these tree roots. While this is not a great or even a good image, it is at least interesting (to me, anyway).


What I really wanted to do was photograph some of the spider webs down in amongst the roots but the wind was blowing and everything was moving. I found this uninteresting view of a web just so I wouldn't have to come home empty handed. It is down in a hole so deep that the wind doesn't affect it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.