Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2022

A Little Town History

Snohomish was built around the logging industry. To the east of here is a small lake, Roesiger. It is named after the fellow who settled there in the late 1800's. Near there is where this tree was logged.

The city recently restored the Carnegie Library that was built here. It is not a venue for parties and other functions. Upstairs is a large fancy room that will seat 134 and the downstairs is a more functional place for meetings that will hold a bit over 100. It certainly is a fine looking building.

I was taken by this storefront window. I know people who have taken their pets to get acupuncture. I never known anyone to pay for a wellness visit for their pet. I'm sure it happens, it is just new to me.

Speaking of new things. Our neighbor is having their house painted. One fellow is using a brush and roller to paint the trim while, to my surprise, the other is spray painting the bulk of the house. I'm guessing the walls will be finish before the trim.

These two guys spent several days carefully taping off the windows, roof, and other trim. Today, a fair fraction of the house was painted by one guy and his spray gun. He has a pump that he simply drops into a 5 gallon paint bucket and off he goes spraying away. I've never seen a house spray painted before. I'm sure it must happen in other places, but I've never seen it before. Learn something everyday.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.