Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2022

Wet Grass

All you grass enthusiasts out there will be happy today for this is the day of the wet grass expo. I love the play of geometry with the wide range of water drop sizes on the gently curving grass blades.

There is a satisfaction in the neatness of the well-defined droplets on the shapley blades.

Even in color, the grass is interesting. The sizes of the water droplets are suggestive of a fractal pattern somehow and the water shows a surprising reluctance to simply run off the grass, even the really large drops.

I'm sure that if I were to pursue this, I could explore the statistical distribution of the droplet diameters and relate this to the hydrophobic character of the grass blades.

I could, but I won't. Aren't you relieved? Yeah, me too.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.