Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2022

Smaller Flowers

Since I am aware that you must be tired of me droning on in this space about the obvious attributes of the flowers you see in the images, I am trying to be a little more conversational in my approach.

Recently, I bought a mitre saw from Amazon. Cheapest one I could find that looked like it might be OK. It is, in fact pretty good except for one important thing. The metal fence against which one presses the wood to cut it is not straight. This is a problem.

After spending some time trying to make my own fence, thinking I could make it better (silly me), I called Amazon and they are sending out a new one and taking the old one back in exchange. This is why Amazon is the place to go for so many people. Their 30 day exchange/replace/refund policy is the cat's pajamas and keeps me (and many others) coming back.

Even if you end up buying crap, you can always swap it for a new piece of crap that has a different smell. Sometimes a change in odor is all it takes to feel the warm fuzzies of satisfaction in a purchase smartly made. Right?


 PS

    The new saw has come in and it is pretty close to very good. The left side of the fence is spot on and there was only a slight misalignment of the right side. I convinced the right side to be good with my dead blow mallet. A few good whacks were all it took. I've now found a nice straight piece of plywood to screw onto the front of the fence all the way across. Once I cut through, I have an opening to show me kerf of the blade and an edge where I line up my board to put the cut exactly where I want it. All is good. Thank you Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.