Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Things are Still Blooming

Time is getting close for me to head to Alaska. Packing continues and general preparations are afoot for our subsequent travels abroad.

My major addition is a new camera backpack. The old one is great...it is comfortable and roomy. The problem is that it is too roomy. I cannot carry it on the plane and I'm not about to entrust my camera equipment to the luggage compartment.

So, I found a new one that will hold all of what I need to carry and fit in the carry-on luggage compartment. The previous plan was to put all the camera equipment in a carry-on suitcase and check the large backpack. Now I can replace one carry-on and one checked bag with one carry on. This will simplify the trip tremendously.

Now, instead of traveling with three pieces of luggage (the third is for those pesky clothes we seem to need everywhere) which is awkward for a solo traveler, I have only two, one of which is on my back. Moreover, since it will not fit in the regulation carry-on space, I can be fairly confident that whatever plane I must take from Anchorage to Nome, small or large, my equipment will travel safely.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.