Pages

Saturday, October 09, 2021

Surf and Sand

Waves breaking over the near-shore rocks adds drama to the visit. The roar of the ocean hear, as everywhere we stopped on this drive, was loud and constant. Before one wave could run ashore, two more developed behind it to fill the gap and the sound was continuous. So much for the "Pacific" ocean.

With a longer shutter setting, the crashing waves take on a more gauzy appearance. Reminds me a little of the air brushing that was once done on album covers to make an ordinary thing have a halo. This is nature's halo.

The blue sky is come through the fog now and the longer exposure give it all dreamy feel. I should note that the black streak i.n the sky is not a long skinny bird but rather a bit of dirt on the sensor that I failed to correct in post. I believe I got it out most of the time but this time I missed it.

It is a mystery to me why this pole is stuck in the sand here. It clearly seems intentional but, who knows.  It adds a nice sense of scale for the scene.

Below we see the constant train of wave coming into shore, stirring the waters and bringing the constant roar to us. I do believe I could have slept on the beach with this white noise in the background.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.