Pages

Friday, November 20, 2020

A Quick Visit to Lord Hill Park

After my visit to the Japanese Gulch in Mukilteo, I thought I'd make a short walk in Lord Hill Park (again) out between Snohomish and Monroe. This tree really puts me in the mind of an Ent out slowly wandering the forest and admonishing all us scurrying critters to "not be hasty".

One section of the trail is a road through the forest where this large limb has a place to reach out into space. The combination of rain and some sunshine has given it a find coating of moss to show off with.

It is difficult in this place to find a composition where I can truly get any separation of the subject from the background. These moss covered limbs were delightful and graceful but all the green ferns and green limbs and the background of evergreens just all ran together. So I converted to monochrome so I could get a bit of separation in tone rather than color. Not a great image, but at least you can tell what I was trying to take a photo of.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.