Pages

Saturday, November 14, 2020

Out on the Prowl

I continue looking for things not yet noticed before. Some are neither pretty or entirely ugly...I'd say mostly curious. I don't know what this plant is, but it is curious indeed.

This bush has been reduced to the bare essentials: berries and thorns. This is a good summary of what much of life is about. Reproduction and protecting the seeds. 

As I wander the familiar and unfamiliar streets, I continue to find things unexpected. I was sure I have found all the Free Little Libraries within walking distance. But, apparently not.

Today's walk took me past the small stream in the park that I photographed the other day. This time, instead of trying to photograph the small waterfall again, I shot a different portion of the rill - more boring than before to be sure - mostly to try a different stacking technique.

The software I use offers a wide variety of ways to effect the stack. For example, I can sum or average the images, I use the median, minimum, maximum, or the outlier. And there are many more that I've never found useful. The previous image was a stack using the median. This one uses the outlier. Since the water is much calmer here, the displaying the pixels that are most different from the other versions in the other images makes it a little more interesting. Not very interesting, just a little.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.