Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Dead Horse Point - 3


In monochrome, this view of the Colorado river basin 2000 feet below shows all the details in the terrain.
In a scene such as this one where so much is so very close to the same color, I find that the B&W is often more appealing. Besides it appeals to my nostalgia since B&W is how I first learned of this part of the world.


But with the river in the foreground and the mesas and canyons receding into the distance, seemingly forever, we get a real sense of the scale of this place.


In this endless arid land, the only trees (or remnants thereof) are those in the foreground. Ture, there are likely some out there soo small to see in the distance, but still... the feeling that I am standing beside the only growing things for miles is daunting. Of course, you aren't seeing all the people wandering around me also looking out into the distance.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.