Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Dead Horse Point - 2


Looking southeasterly from the overlook, we can see a diverse set of formations and shades of red. These red rocks really are pretty amazing.

But mixed in with all the shades of red are jarringly different colors. In side the distant plateau below is this curious light blue layer. And in the midsts of all this, the Colorado River is green. Such a strange place to see!


I keep coming back to this view because I find it so remarkable. the shades of red, the pale line of the road far below us, the distant mountains, the solitary pinnacle on the nearby ridge, I could go on...  


If I move around to put a small bush in the scene, we get a view where I want to look around the bush to see what's behind it. Usually a foreground element is an anchor to a photo, but here it generates interest by being in the way. I like it because it serves as a visual irritant, pushing the viewer (well, me at least) to see beyond it.
 

On the other hand, the plants below play a more sedate and customary role by anchoring the foreground and middle distance to set the scale for the scene.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.