Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2021

Bald Eagle at Crescent Beach

After leaving Tongue Point, we drove next door to Crescent Beach to have a look. Not much happening along the beach (except more people than you could shake a stick at...no thanks) but on the way back up the hill, we spied a bald eagle posing in a tree just off the road only 10-12 feet off the ground.

This fellow has had a hard life. You'll notice that the left eye is missing. The image below seems like we're getting looked at by Col. Klink with his monocle (in the wrong eye, for those who remember).


But when he turns his head and hides the bad eye, we still see the noble creature surveying his domain. He was unimpressed with me and my presence. I don;t know whether to be happy that I got the shots or insulted that I'm such a ignorable mote in view of the world.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.