Pages

Thursday, August 09, 2018

Driving North of La Paz


Hurricane John is lurking of the west coast of Baja and is bringing in some clouds. We learned this afternoon that towns farther west of us have had power outages due to wind but so far, no rain.

With the clouds comes a reduction in the oppressive heat and a more interesting sky for photos.



A ride in the country north of La Paz gives us a different perspective on our surroundings.


The cardon cactus stands tall against the dramatic sky.


The range of low hills shows a striking coloration in neat layers.


The cactus, however, don't seem to be very inviting. There's space enough to walk around them, but only just. I have the feeling that were I to wander only a short distance from the road, I could lose all sense of where I was and get pretty darned lost.


As you know from pasted postings, I love me a long straight empty road. Living in a place with lots of traffic, I find I'm drawn to these lonely landscapes.


1 comment:

We enjoy hearing from our readers.