Pages

Wednesday, June 01, 2022

Morning Run


 There are several reasons I get up early to go for a run each morning. Among those reasons are: I've done it long enough now that I feel guilty when I don't, I regret the missed days when I restart because things hurt more after a break, and it is good way to wake up and start the day. However, one of the main reasons is morning is quiet and I have the trail mostly to myself. There are birds, rabbits, and frogs all providing activity and layers to the morning chorus.

And on days such as this one, there is the morning sun slanting through the trees. This warmly colored streaky light always makes me smile. Even when I'm mentally monitoring all the various joints and muscles for a hint that something is about fail (old man legs are tenuous), I am aware that I'm passing through a serenely beautiful place. It is calming and invigorating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.