Pages

Sunday, December 27, 2020

Port Angeles - Harbor Seals

Part of the port at Port Angeles is separated by what seems to be an intentional barrier or logs. On these logs is a colony of harbor seals basking in the eternal grey of overcast skies.

I am limited in my understanding of seal lifestyles, but it seems that these animals are sleeping off a recent meal.

Some seem content, Others, like the one below, does not. I know, I'm anthropomorphizing. But it is hard not to see pain in those bloodshot eyes. Maybe it is determination, but it sure ain't happiness.


This guy below is enjoying a pleasant snooze.

And nest to him is a guy who is totally snoozed out. 

I'm pretty sure that this guy is is the watchseal for the colony. He really is giving me the hard stare.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.