Pages

Friday, June 17, 2022

The Birding Saga Begins

 

Today I will begin the birding saga. It will be, at best, sporadic since it takes me time to process the images, sort the good from the bad, figure out my notes about who each bird is and get the results to the blog.

On top of this, we are now in Budapest! This means you'll be seeing these images as well. This will, I hope be much easier to process and post since I'm not trying to identify a few birds photos from thousands of images.

The fellow you see above is a Red Breasted Merganser. Below is the Western Sandpiper.


It was quite warm when we arrived; much warmer than Seattle. And as you can see, the sun was out! It remained sunny and warm(-ish) all week. Only at the end of the visit did it get cooler and very windy. A chainge was coming.

And this fellow is the Least Sandpiper. It is hard to tell by size in the photo since this all depends on his distance from me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.