Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2021

I bought a New Lens!

I've been coveting a new lens for the smaller camera (X-H1) for some time. I have a variety of reasons for this but foremost among them is it complements the 10-24 mm lens I already have and gives me a good kit for travel. This new lens, formally known as XF 16-80mm f/4 R OIS WR Lens, now lets me cover the range from very wide to modest telephoto. This combination is great for travel.

Another reason this is good choice is that, with the addition of an extension tube, it works for macro as well. The combination of the longer focal lengths and the displacement away from the focal plane means I can get closer to the small details that I have spent so much time in the past year photographing.

Naturally, one of the first things I tried with this new lens it to mount it with an extension tube and take a walk around the neighborhood.

As you can see, it is not perfect, but it does work. And for a limited range of subjects, it should work quite well. These photos are taken with a 16mm extension. I think the shorter 11 mm extension will work better with less distortion away from the center of the field.

Nevertheless, I do think I can make some nice images with this combination.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.