Pages

Thursday, July 09, 2020

Flower in a Light Rain


Having pretty much given up on getting any sunshine and warmth this summer, I took my camera and umbrella out for a stroll. It wasn't raining hard, just a steady mist. But it was raining enough that me and the camera could get wet. The upside is that the flowers did too.

From the altitude of five feet or so, I can't really see the insects so well. Thus, it always a bit of a surprise when I squat to take a photo of a likely flower and find a bug perched in a good place. I could pretend this fly was planned, but I'd be lying.



This photos are all taken at f/16 to at least get the flower in reasonable focus. the downside is that the background is not as blurred as I'd like. Still, it works pretty well.


In the next image, you can really see the result of the misting we were getting.


This next flower did not have beads of water on it but the petals did make a nice frame for the colorful central portion.


This flower made a nice abstract set of shapes all delicately colored and misted up. This is sort of thing I go out looking for on days like this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.