Pages

Monday, July 13, 2020

Fern in the Rain


Naturally, after a couple days of sunshine (not really warmth, just sunshine), we reverted back to clouds and drizzle. I'd have never believed you if said I'd spend the summer in a place where the daily high temps after July 4th hover around 70 F.

So, when life gives you lemons...make lemonade. In this case, it was photos of wet ferns, but you get the idea.



The one really interesting bit on the fern outside our bedroom window is the curly leaves of the new growth that is flourishing.


These fronds remind me of the ribbon that curls when you scrape it with the blade of scissors at Christmastime.


I keep looking for a good way to photograph the mossy roots of the old cherry tree next to the fern. I'm making progress, but I still haven't found the right composition yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.