Pages

Monday, July 20, 2020

On to Lake Spada


Not far from the road is this large stump. Welcome to the world of moss and ferns.



When I finally got to Lake Spada, I found a large piece of dead tree in the water near the shore that make a nice bit of foreground interest, the landscape photographers say. With a one minute exposure, I was able to smooth out the lake surface and give this a serene feeling.


By focusing in on the nearby tree and then focusing on the far shore and blending them, I created an image with everything in focus. I like that you don't notice that I worked to get an extended focus range. It looks much as you would perceive it standing there because your eyes shift focus as you look around.


Off to one side, just near the shore, lies this stump.


On the way back home I stopped by the side of the road to have a look about this section of standing water. Lots of fallen trees and lily pads in amongst the grass that grows in this little backwater. The ghostly reflections of the trees on the far shore add a bit of ethereal feel to the scene.


Although the blossoms are long gone, the pads remain nestled in a small clearing in the grass.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.