Pages

Thursday, March 05, 2020

Rait


It is clear why sportsmen (and women) hunt pheasants. Not only are they tasty (pheasant-under-glass anyone?) but they are very skittish birds and difficult to get near. Pheasants are hard to hunt and there's the challenge. When I get out of the car with my camera, they all start running and then flying away...all, except this one.



This beautiful creature posed in the field for me to photograph at my leisure. And a handsome creature it is. The markings on these birds are really something special.


The farmlands around the Rait area are on hold, waiting for spring to wake up the trees and grasses. With all the rain the UK has been having in the last few weeks, the fields are very muddy. I can see why you see some many people here wearing wellingtons. What I don't get is how you can walk in the mud without getting them sucked off your feet. Perhaps you don't and they why this fields are all empty.


1 comment:

  1. I am amazed at your good karma in getting such a great photo of a pheasant! I tried for months to get one when we were living in Oxford, but, as you said, they always run off when they see someone approaching. The photography gods must be with you.

    ReplyDelete

We enjoy hearing from our readers.