Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2020

Snaefellsnes Peninsula - Part 2


At one stop on our tour, we hopped out of the bus in time to catch the light on this small house all along in the field.



But dramatic clouds and light were everywhere. it is easy to see why so many people come here to photograph. I'll certainly need to come back and devote myself to that for a week or two sometime.


I know this next image is almost the same as the one above, but I am really taken with the textures in the clouds that we get to see in the B&W version. Indulge me a little.


In another direction looking over the stretch of water, I got this panorama showing more of what it felt like to stand there.


Even pretty ordinary spots to stop, felt magical with all the snow.

An hour and a half earlier and 10 miles to the west, we in in the middle of a nearly blinding snowstorm. Weather certainly changes quickly here.


As you can see, the sun never gets very high, even though it is nearly spring. Remember the norther edge of the island is right at the artic circle.


The clouds and snowy mountains just never got old. I could have probably stood in one place all day and just watched the weather change about me and been content.


Tomorrow, we'll see the end of this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.