Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Chihuly Museum at the Seattle Center

Here we have a boat filled with glass "floating" on a "sea" of glass. I really like the reflections.

This piece is make rom clear glass (for a change) and the forms and textures are quite amazing.

As in the case of the other pieces, the large chandeliers are suspended over a piece of black glass to reflect the work and add to it. I liked the way I could see this large blue piece both above and below in the next image.

The clear glass similarly shows off its best side in the reflection below.

For the green one, I only photographed the reflection. I think it worked quite well.

In one of the last rooms, we come to the Macchia, the spotted pieces. These looks a little like large translucent flowers.

The colors are fascinating.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.