Pages

Monday, August 01, 2022

Opera House Lobby

And so, I bring these evening at the opera to a close with a few more images of the lobby area. The combination of gold and marble everywhere along with the brightly colored designs makes a lasting impression.

Perhaps it is just my limited American way of seeing the world, but this palace of the arts also looks very much like a church. I suppose it is the style of the decorations here, in parliament, and in the basilica being similar in many ways that prompts me to keep seeing churches everywhere I go.

Whatever the reason, I love it all and am glad we got to come back to Budapest after the opera house was refurbished. It is a feast for the senses.

We will leave the opera for now with this view looking up through a zoo of arches and columns that give the place a very Escher-esque feel.

This was all from a visit to a performance. We later took a tour and got to visit more parts of the building. I'll have a more extensive tour (perhap with better composed images!?) to post to the blog later.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.