Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2022

Morning Run

Unless it is raining too hard, I go for a run every morning. On this particular morning it was foggy so I paused a few times to get a photo to share with you.

This is a quiet time. Not many people out around dawn. The Centennial Trail is a repurposed track bed that runs for miles from Snohomish northward. It is a paved trail that is often crowded on the weekends with people out enjoying a walk, jog, or bike ride.

But at dawn it is quiet and I am mostly alone. I will encounter a few other runners or the occasional dog walker, it is serene. I have been encountering a fellow, a bit older than me, out walking his dog for about a month and the other day as I passed, we introduced ourselves. I now have a new friend: Dave and his dog Otto.

On one side the trail is the highway heated north from Snohomish. On the other side is a narrow stretch of bottom land and then the Pilchuck river. In the bottom lands are a few farms from which I hear turkeys and see horses every morning. I don't just do this for the exercise. It is place to reconnect with the world. During the lockdowns it became a safe place to be out in the world. Now it is good friend to visit every morning.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.