Pages

Friday, April 22, 2022

Local Tulips

Tulips are hard to photograph. There is a view from the outside with all the colors and surface beauty. And there is the sexy bits on the inside that have their own symmetry and attraction. 

To capture both in one shot is a hard thing to do. I achieve it rarely and usually not very well.

I mostly stick with the superficial, exterior beauty. I find it easier to focus on the lipstick and makeup and ignore that higher level of inner beauty. I know...I'm wrong and shallow and demeaning for being this way. Forgive me. But us sure is fun!

Just as even a model on the runway will occasionally show you an aspect of beauty that elevates the conversation if only for a few minutes, so do these diverse flowers bring out the subtleties of what it means to be beautiul.

And sometimes, like that runway model in the clear plastic dress that shows off the aluminum foil underclothes, these flowers can go too far and show you what can happen when nature says "what if..." too many times.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.