Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

The Leaves that Remain While the Water Falls

I realize that the hard drought of this year was not in the portion of Washington where we live. Yet, things did get a bit dry toward the end of the summer. Well, rest assured that this is now over. In October we had two months worth of rain, and we are getting more in November. The shows at higher elevations are well and truly underway.

Stevens Pass on Hwy 2 (about an hour from here) is getting snow quite regularly and the pass is being plowed (and requiring snow tires to cross). Snoqualmie Pass on I-90 is getting snow as well, but just a little less. Meanwhile, we get rain squalls.

Curiously, it rains near dawn infrequently. I usually get up and our for my morning jog early. These days, this is 05:00, give or take. I have had to miss only  few days running because of rain. It seems that the rain usually starts after the sun comes up and begins to stir the clouds.

As I write, it has rained hard for 10 minutes and then a break in the clouds lets the sun through to bring a reminder of the sunshine we are missing. Once we've had a few minutes of glorious daylight, the clouds and rain will return.

All this makes getting out for photographing difficult. It is quite unpredictable. Today I drove to the REI mothership and bought me some waterproof overpants to wear with my rain jacket so I can stay dry. Perhaps I can walk among the falling rain to be somewhere interesting with the sun comes out so I can bring at least a few photos worth a look.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing from our readers.